Thursday, February 23, 2012

Muse Restaurant

muse
Muse Restaurant in Kensignton
Three years ago, the BF & I made reservations at Muse but we ended up going to Banff. The BF loves this restaurant but I had never been. Well, we finally visited Muse over the Holidays and I must say, it was definitely worth the wait. The food, the ambiance, and the staff (our waiter was so wonderful & helpful with the menu) were superb. Can't wait to go back!


muse2
Truffle Popcorn - I love the smell of truffle oil!


muse3
These lanterns reminded us of the Bellagio in Las Vegas.


muse4
Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna - Foie Gras French Toast, Honey & Soya Glaze, Caramelized Cantaloupe
What a perfect combination with the Tuna & Cantaloupe!


muse5
Quebec Foie Gras Stuffed Profiteroles - Balsamic Roasted Pear, Wild Boar Pancetta, Gastrique
My first time trying Foie Gras and I was in heaven! I can't wait to go to Paris next month for more French cuisine =)


muse6
Quebec Foie Gras Stuffed Profiteroles - Balsamic Roasted Pear, Wild Boar Pancetta, Gastrique


muse7
Noble Farm Duck Breast Tournedos - Sweet Potato Ravioli, Glazed Turnips, Duck Egg
My meal for the night & it was absolutely delicious.


muse8
Food always tastes better with you =)


muse9
Yukon Potato Lobster Lasagne - Seared Scallops, Sauce American, Wilted Spinach, Black Tobikko
A fresh take on the classic Lasgna. No pasta and made with potatoes.


muse10
Dark Chocolate & Praline Millefeuille - Milk Chocolate Sauce, Candied Lemon Zest
Hands down, the BEST dessert I've ever had in my life. That says a lot since you know I LOVE to eat! The Praline reminded me of Ferrero Rocher, which is my favourite chocolate.


muse11
At the end of our meal, Executive Chef Xavier Lacaze came by our table. He was very kind & even took this picture with me. I wish him the very best in Season 2 of Top Chef Canada! If you're in Calgary, then definitely check Muse out. I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment