Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hungry Hound

Hungry Hound - Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Philippines








Calamansi - Filipino Lime


Duck Fat Fries with Rosemary, Garlic & Parmesan


Braised Short Rib with Gremolata, Fine Beans and Tomato Risotto
Gremolata = lemon zest, garlic and parsley
(now we both learned something new today)


Sautéed Chicken Breast with Mashed Potatoes, Chorizo & Nut Stuffing and Fine Beans


Roasted Tomato Spaghetti with Basil, Pine Nuts and Parmesan 
The dish doesn't come with meat but I added a Chicken Breast.


Connected to Hungry Hound, Niner Ichi Nana serves some pretty unique cocktails.


A peek inside Niner Ichi Nana.


Hungry Hound is located in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. When I think of Manila, I think of people and traffic. Surprisingly, the Fort was quiet because everyone was away on holidays. After 3 glorious hours at The Spa (look how relaxed we look, I really just woke up from my massage), we were ready to eat. My cousin took us to the The Hungry Hound, which was on my list of restaurants to try in the Philippines. The ambiance reminded me of a pub but with better food. The Duck Fat Fries were a great starter. Now when I think of Duck Fat Fries, I think of the Duck Fat Poutine from Charcut. For me, the Duck Fat Poutine is still the crème de la crème but it's kind of hard to beat duck fat, cheese and gravy. I'm Canadian, I love my poutines! Another highlight was the Braised Short Rib. Tender, fall of the bone, get in my belly kind of love. Plus the Roasted Spaghetti was simple but yet so flavorful. Definitely reminded me of my days in Italy. Thank you to my cousin and his girlfriend for taking me to the yummiest places and for being such lovely tour guides in the Philippines. I love how my cousin's girlfriend also takes photos of her food because we could be cool together. Foodies are the coolest people, you should always befriend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment